Friday, May 29, 2009

July 12, 1944

Pvt. C. Lowry
Casual Co. L Inf
A.P.O. 15380
%Postmaster N.Y.C.

Lowry's
1439 Wick Ave
Youngstown, Ohio
U.S.A.

Passed by N.C. Manuld, 2nd Lt. Inf.

Hi.

I guess you expected me to call tonite. Well I didn't. Calls from camp are restricted. I will not be able to call you from here any more. We are not doing a whole lot right now. Last nite I saw a U.S.O. show. Ann Sheridan, Ethel Merman, Billy Miles, Ben Blue, and a lot of (illegible) person. They had a colored show tonite. It wasn't so good. I got the money here at camp tonite. Pretty nice. 2 a.m. now at the S.C. There was a show there tonite too. The weather here is nice. I was at the mass tonite. Confess tomorrow afternoon late. Well I'll write more tomorrow.

So Long
Love,
''Chas''

No comments:

Post a Comment