Thursday, May 28, 2009

August 10, 1944

Pvt. C. Lowry 35925389
Casual Co. L Inf
A.P.O. 15380 %P.M.N.Y.C.

C. Lowry
1439 Wick Ave
Youngstown, Ohio
U.S.A.

Passed by Lt. W. C. illegible

Hi!

How are you all doing today. It is 12:10 at noon here, so I guess you are thinking of getting up soon since it is only 6:10 at home. I my self got up at 9 this morning, but I have guard duty again at 4. At noon today we had some real mashed potatoes, not dehydrated at chow. Last night about 9:30 we baked some ourselves and they were sure good for a change. What have you been doing lately. You didn't seem to be doing a whole lot by the letters you write. Has anyone I know been home lately. I just had to change pens because I ran out of ink. It is real tool today and it looks like it may rain. It wouldn't hurt because it is awful dusty where there isn't grass, like on the roads. There aren't good paved roads every where. How are things coming along on Park Ave these days. I haven't heard from them since the letter I got the 2nd day I was on the boat. D rations taste like candy. So tonight we are going to try and get some again. They are pretty good. Just a little extra besides our meals. We do get enough to eat tough.

So long
Love,
''Chas''

No comments:

Post a Comment