Friday, May 29, 2009

July 24, 1944

Pvt. C. Lowry 35925389
Casual Co. L Inf
A.P.O. 15380
%P.M. N.Y.C.

Lowry's
1439 Wick Ave
Youngstown, Ohio
U.S.A.

Passed by 2nd Lt. illegible

Hi:

Well, I am now in England. How have you been lately. I am fine. The food is good so far here. As good as it was some of the places in the states. I haven't done anything since I left Fla. yet except eat and sleep and have my clothes inspected. I've gained about 10 more lbs. Did I tell you I received both money orders. It is now 10:15 and it is still light out. It gets dark about 11:30 and is light about 5 I think. I am lying out on the grass writing this. Grass is nice after being at Blanding. There are a few of these fellows still with me. How is the illegible these days. I guess there is a stationary shortage so the Lt. told us so I'll write small. The boat ride wasn't bad at all, but I will take a plane anyday. No one got seasick hardly. It will be about 2 wks. so they told us till we start receiving mail. Don't worry and take care of yourself.

So Long
Love,
''Chas''

No comments:

Post a Comment