Thursday, May 28, 2009

August 17, 1944

Pvt. C. Lowry 35925389
Casual Co. L Inf
A.P.O. 15380 90PM N.Y.C.

C. Lowry
1439 Wick Ave
Youngstown, Ohio
U.S.A

Passed by Wesley W. Butcher, 2nd Lt.

Hi,

Well, I guess I missed a day yesterday but I moved again and was fooling around last night. They got me up at 8:45 for K rations so we took some eggs and fried them in some solid good butter. Boy were they good and we still got a dozen eggs left. It is the 1st fresh eggs I've had over here. I was going to send you a cablegram but this a new camp and they don't have them here yet but I guess you'll have your anniversary without me. I guess I'll never get any mail. I still haven't got any for about a wk. I doubt if I'll get any for a while now. We had some rain night before last finally. I am about out of paper. Send me a box of stationary, but never mind the stamps. Well I'll close for now.

So long.

Love,
Chas.

No comments:

Post a Comment