Friday, May 29, 2009

July 25, 1944

Pvt. C. Lowry 35925389
Casual Co. L Inf
A.P.O. 15380
%P.M. N.Y.C.

Lowry's
1439 Wick Ave
Youngstown, Ohio
U.S.A.

Passed by Lt. D. Leventutt

Hi.

Well, one more day gone and more clothing inspections. They sure worry about your clothes. I got my ration card today. They give you more money over here but they tell us we don't have anywhere to spend it. I still have some. I got the other money order cashed today and send you a cablegram which you will have received before you get this letter I imagine. I got 32 stamped airmail envelopes too. $2.00. I was through Wynn's place from Kensington St. before I came here. It was awfully funny, but they were not there. I guess they left before I got there. It is 11:15 and we got up about 5:45. I am going to eat a little now and read the paper before I go to bed. I got myself another haircut tonight. I can have it cut anyway I guess cause I guess I won't see that "public" soon. We are still eating good too. Raisin pie for supper, but I sure miss my ice cream. Has anyone been home lately? Lucky if they were. By the way Wynn's place sure was a good looking place. How is the Republic and Mooney doing these days. Why did he get time off. I must have not gotten that letter. I don't have much to say so I'll write more tomorrow.

So Long
Love,
''Chas''

No comments:

Post a Comment