Thursday, May 28, 2009

August 11, 1944

Pvt. C. Lowry 35925389
Casual Co. L Inf
A.P.O. 15380 %P.M.N.Y.C.

C.Lowry
1439 Wick Ave
Youngstown, Ohio
U.S.A.

Passed by Lt. Bill Mullen

Hi.

It looks like I started to put Youngstown up at my return address. I got 3 letters last night from you and 1 from Jean Grocutt. They were all from the 13 ot 14 I think. No one got any mail in our co. tonite. All my envelopes got stuck together by he dampness in the air so I guess I'll write tonite a bit of V-mail. Do you have a hard time to read them or is it O.K. I can write bigger. I don't know how your flies are but boy the bees here are terrible. I think tomorrow I write to some of the people to haven't written to yet. I guess it is about time. I guess the page is full and I didn't say anything.

So long

Love,
''Chas''

-----
Ed. Note: It is not clear whether that 1 letter was in fact from Jean Grocutt. The print on the V-Mail was incredibly small and Charles's handwritting didn't help matters. Based on my deciphering of the handwritting and the fact that it looks like it says Jean Grocutt, I will assume that to be the case.

No comments:

Post a Comment