Thursday, May 28, 2009

August 9, 1944

Pvt. C. Lowry
Casual Co. L Inf
A.P.O. 15380 %P.M.N.Y.C.

C. Lowry
1439 Wick Ave
Youngstown, Ohio
U.S.A.

Passed by illegible

Hi.

Last nite I received the letter dad wrote when you were in Pitts. I got off guard last at 4 again today and I'll shave it tomorrow I guess. Last night we had a midnite lunch after we walked over 2 hrs. Lunch meat, good bread, butter cake and coffee. Not bad for getting it yourself. I got a new Yank today and have to guard it almost. That is tough things are tough at the Star house. Eat at Mikes, CHICKEN. We still haven't been paid since we've been here but you don't need money and there isn't any where to go so money isn't any good. We got our wks. rations and my candy is gone already. It and gum is all I eat, that you get. I didn't get any mail tonite, so I'll wait till tomorrow nite I guess.

So long
Love,
''Chas''

No comments:

Post a Comment