Thursday, May 28, 2009

August 12, 1944

Pvt. C. Lowry 35925389
Casual Co. L Inf
A.P.O. 15380 %P.M.N.Y.C.

C.Lowry
1439 Wick Ave
Youngstown, Ohio
U.S.A.

Passed by Lt. Bill Mullen

Sat. Aug. 12, 1944

Well, this will just be a short note because it is 5 oclock and we will eat in about 20 min. The sooner the better. I slept till 9 this morning I missed breakfast. They woke me then to pay me $20. Not worth getting up for. It sure was warm today but I didn't mind because I guess it is my day off. We didn't get any mail last night so maybe we will tonite. Excuse the oil on this paper but I don't want to waste it. The R.C. gave it to me on the boat. This will sure did go fast. I guess I'm sleeping every chance I guess. It must be why they go so fast. If I don't get KP in the morning I think I'll have to do a little of my washing. I'd just as well like to throw the dirty stuff away. I didn't write to anyone last any how after saying so. I will tonite I guess. I will finish after chow because you have to wear leggums and I don't have mine on and it is time. Well, supper is over and it is almost dark so I guess I'll close. I've been fooling around and almost forgot about the letter. We didn't get any mail again today.

So long
Love,
''Chas''

No comments:

Post a Comment