Thursday, May 28, 2009

August 12, 1944

Pvt. C. Lowry 35925389
Casual Co. L Inf
A.P.O. 15380
%P.M.N.Y.C.

C. Lowry
1439 Wick Ave
Youngstown, Ohio
U.S.A.

Passed by Lt. Bill Mullen

Sun. Aug 12, 1944

Hi,

How are you doing today. I had to steam the envelope open. Well today was Sun. and it seems it was a day off. I went to mass at 4 again. Tuesday is Assump. Day and it is at 7 at nite. I'll go. I washed all my clothes after supper and then went to a show and now I am writing and it sstill isn't dark. How is the gas situation nowadays. I guess you must have low by now. I guess I used too much. No mail again today. I guess I'll get it all at once. That is tough. How does the war look by the papers in the states. It doesn't seem too bad over here from what we hear. It is the end of the sheet.

So long.

Love,
''Chas''

No comments:

Post a Comment