Thursday, May 28, 2009

July 27, 1944

Pvt. C. Lowry 35925389
Casual Co. L Inf
A.P.O. 15380
%P.M.N.Y.C.

C. Lowry
1439 Wick Ave
Youngstown, Ohio
U.S.A.

Passed by Geo. Thoemke, 2nd Lt., Inf.

Hi.

How are you doing? I am fine. Right now it is 10 oclock. I just woke up. After Reveille (or however you spell it) and breakfast, I got a little more sleep today. Are you still at the O.E. on Mass. Is there any other time you are working? I may send some money home. I don't have much but there isn't much use for it over here. Did I tell you that before I left the states my wt. went up to 204. That was from eating and sleeping. I ate a qt. or 2 of ice cream a day. I don't know if you can get it over here or not. I hope so. How is your weather these days. Good I hope. How is the back. If it is better, come around and you can carry my pack. Ha! Ha! Well I am running short of talk to I'll start to write my signature.

So Long
Love,
''Chas''

No comments:

Post a Comment