Thursday, May 28, 2009

July 30, 1944

Pvt. C. Lowry 35925389
Casual Co. L Inf
A.P.O. 15380
%P.M.N.Y.C.

C. Lowry
1439 Wick Ave
Youngstown, Ohio
U.S.A.

Passed by illegible

Hi.

How are you doing these bright days? Well I guess I am settled for a couple of more days since I've moved again. I am writing on my mess kit. That is why it is so bad. We had steak for lunch today. Something different for a change. The food isn't so awful good here but I guess we'll get by. I went to mass this after noon about 4:00 oclock. It was 25 min. from here. Today is anotehr day off. No sense in writing every day like I used to because there isn't anything I can say much or at least what I can think to say. We just got our rations for the week. There are free. I traded my cigarettes for candy and I still have about 15 packs left. We get gum, life savers and some other stuff.

So Long
Love,
''Chas''

No comments:

Post a Comment