Thursday, June 4, 2009

July 6, 1944

Pvt. C. Lowry 35925389
Co. A 29 BN 8 Regt
Fort Meade, MD

Mr. and Mrs. Charles E. Lowry
1439 Wick Ave
Youngstown, Ohio

Hi.

Well, today we just had our clothes inspected 2 more times and then packed them and put them away. It seems that we will leave about Fri. As yet they have not been able to fit me with a gas mask so maybe I will not ship when I should. We had ice cream and watermelon for supprt. After supper we got paid and while I was in the line Paul Leattau of ''41'' of Urs. came up to me. He saw it in the paper and he looked me up. He has been here a mo. now and I didn't know how close he was to home. If I'm still here we'll be home. I got up at 7:15 this morn. and missed breakfast which was at 6. I had eaten at 1 in the morning before I got the train. I got to bed at 2:20. Left Wash at 1:30. It is about 10:30 now so I guess I'll write tomorrow.

So Long
Love,
''Chas''

No comments:

Post a Comment