Thursday, June 4, 2009

July 4, 1944

Pvt. C. Lowry 35925389
Co. A 29 BN 8 Regt
A.G.F.R.D. #1
Fort George G. Meade, MD

Mr. and Mrs. Charles Lowry
1439 Wick Ave
Youngstown, Ohio

Hi.

Boy the airplane ride was swell. You don't even know you are in a plane. It doesn't make much noise either. We got to Wash. at about 10:30. I called Jean Cleary. and then went out and saw her and then went back to town and I got the train at 1:30. I got to bed about 2:45. I got my shipping orders today. I don't know when I'll go though. Boy I was all set to get the 8:30 B+O out of Wash. tonite and get home at 5 in the morning and bee off till 5 the next morning but not we have to have a clothing inspection at 8 in the morning. After that we can to town I think Ill go to Wash. I could go to Baltimore but I've been to Wash and I know a little about it and I would like to look around. I just came from seeing the show ''Back Home in Indiana''. The Sgt. got in at 5:45 this morning. Boy things look like dots from the plane. Going over town through I could pick out anything. We passed our house before I knew we were over Yo-town. Everone goes to P.O.E. from here now and if he is to be kept in the states he goes from P.O.E.. I guess it is N.Y. Boy I get around. I'll call tomorrow if I can. No work around here.

So Long
Love,
''Chas''

No comments:

Post a Comment